BURJ AL ARAB TERRACE, DUBAI (UAE)
A mind blowing 10,000 m2 luxury terrace in the Arabian Gulf
Set in the enchanting azure waters of the Arabian Gulf, the Burj Al Arab Terrace is a stunning 10,000 m2 luxury terrace which accommodates the first-class facilities of the number one seven star hotel in the world: the Jumeirah Burj Al Arab Hotel. The terrace includes the luxurious Scape Restaurant & Bar, 32 private cabanas (butler serviced), 400 sun loungers and a beach. To complete the ground-breaking design, the terrace also incorporates a 612 m2 freshwater pool and an 828 m2 saltwater infinity pool, that melts into the horizon to create the mirage of a continuous ebb of water into the Arabian Gulf.
From Finland to Dubai
The terrace is the result of a creative marine design and ingenious engineering. Before being shipped in sections to Dubai for the final assembly and installation, most of the design and construction of the terrace was completed in Finland. Pioneering Finnish developer and construction specialist ADMARES was commissioned to deliver the visionary turn-key project. On the website, ADMARES CEO Mikael Hedberg says:
‘We’re immensely proud of this project. It gave us the opportunity to create a unique structure that could be installed in its final location with very little disruption to hotel guests and marine life and in a remarkably short time frame. It’s an impressive feat of engineering: the off-site fabrication in Finland and subsequent installation in Dubai makes it the biggest-ever undertaking of its kind in the world.’
liniLED® LED strips
To execute its initial concept, ADMARES collaborated with our Finnish liniLED® partner, Oy Hedtec Ab. They supplied approximately 1.4 km of various liniLED® LED strips in three luminous intensities (Deco, Power and High Power). The liniLED® LED strips were installed indoor and outdoor of the Burj Al Arab Terrace with several liniLED® Profiles and Power Supply Units.
Did you know..
- That the new Burj Al Arab Terrace was successfully completed by ADMARES in just 11 months – with the majority of its construction completed in Finland and the assembly and outfitting being finished in only 12 weeks?
- That the steel structure alone weighs approximately 3,000 tonnes – about half the weight of the Eiffel Tower?
- The resort’s architectural form reflects the shapes and forms of the Burj Al Arab?
- That the second level of the Burj Al Arab Terrace incorporates 5,000 m2 of high-specification retail space, VIP areas, locker rooms, shower and other facilities, as well as technical spaces?
- That by completing the terrace offshore in Finland, a minimal footprint was left – resulting in the establishment of an artificial reef that provides shelter for the marine life below?
- The pools count an astounding 10 million mosaic tiles in the colours azure and gold?
- That the 1,120 m2 beach is made of 1 million kg of white sand?
Image source: The ADMARES Burj Al Arab Terrace Development